The 12th Boiler
Purdue University Office of Marketing and Media
Purdue fans go to great lengths to support their Boilermakers. And now there’s yet another way … by buying apparel from the 12th Boiler line.
- For each 12th Boiler item purchased, the vendor makes a donation to the 12th Boiler Endowment fund. More than $60,000 has been designated to the fund to date.
- Launched in fall 2008, the scholarship gets its name from the fact that there are 11 players on the field – fans (consumers) are that 12th Boiler.
- The scholarship recipient is a member of the football team and selected by the head coach not only for his talent on the field, but his leadership, work ethnic and scholastic achievement.
- Albert Evans was named the first recipient in fall 2010 and received the scholarship again in fall 2011.
- Michael Rouse III was named the second recipient in fall 2012.
- Proceeds from a spring or summer 12th Boiler golf outing also supports the program.